Monday, September 27, 2010

Smoky Mountains, Tuesday-Thursday

After a long hike on Monday, we rested up a bit on Tuesday morning. Dadda and I relaxed our tired muscles in the bath.Then we eventually went out for another hike. This time to Laurel Falls - a paved shorter hike. Although paved doesn't necessarily mean nice and even and maintained trail. Mom and Dad had a challenging time with the stroller!

Here we are relaxing after reaching the falls.Dad let me walk a ways back down the trail with him after the break. I had to hold onto his hand or they said I'd go back in the stroller immediately - that probably had something to do with the high drop off off to the right side of the trail!Wednesday morning we started bright and early for our day at Dollywood. We enjoyed a nice breakfast at one of the zillion pancake houses in the area (although this one turned out not to be so good and we were wishing we had hit up Cracker Barrel instead!).We spent most of the day at Dollywood. They have quite a few rides little guys like myself are able to go on -

On the piggies:Round and round I go! ...Notice there weren't many other people there, and if there were people there they were much older and retired and riding motorized chairs - so I never had to wait to get on a ride. The perfect experience for my first amusement park!On the bumble bees:On the elephants (which I now call "ela"):On the twisted lemonade (like the teacups):On the ferris wheel with Dad:On the merry go round:On the car ride with mom:On the duckies - trying to stay awake as this was my last ride of the day, with only a 20 minute nap (on the Dollywood steam train) all day:On the car ride back to the cabin - before we left the parking lot:Thursday was our last full day at the Smokeys. We went for an awesome hike - the best of the week - on the Chimney Tops trail. I started this hike off with a nap for about an hour in the pack.View from the top! Mom and Dad didn't let me out of the pack at the top of this trail - no room for me to run around - only to fall!Family photo - top of the trail.Photo ops on our way back down to the trail head. Enjoying the many waterfalls on the way.Happy guys after a great hike!Last dinner out in Gatlinburg - Bubba Gump!Playing in the loft of the cabin. I loved learning to play pool with Dad!Bye bye cabin. Thanks for a great family vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment