Thursday, May 20, 2010

Change of Command

Welcome to the Sappers, Daddy!

Mom and I traveled to Ft. McCoy last Friday afternoon to watch Dad take command of a new company that he'll be supporting for about the next two years. He'll have to be gone on drill weekends (once a month) Friday through Sunday now instead of just Saturday and Sunday - and he'll have to drive further up to the great northwoods too (Rhinelander/Tomahawk). But it will be a great leadership opportunity for him and is the next step on the path to becoming a Major.

Dad was even surprised with an award from the battalion that he wasn't expecting.

Great job Dad! We're so proud of you!
Mom and I stood in the back so I could run around a bit. Here I am dancing to the Army song. Mom should have taken a video!

No comments:

Post a Comment