Thursday, August 20, 2009

6 Months Old!

Today I am 6 months old!I'm now 17.5 lbs and 27" long. My first two teeth are on their way in and I bit Mom for the first time (I smiled at her as I did it, but she didn't look too pleased). I'm rolling all over the place and even found my way to an outlet today - Mom better get the house up to baby-code soon!So far my diet has been pretty limited - rice and oat cereal, bananas and sweet potatoes. However, the Dr. gave the go-ahead today to keep introducing new foods. Tonight I dined on some summer zucchini/squash that Mom pureed up for me (thanks to our nice neighbors - it was fresh from their garden!) If that goes well, Mom says I can have something new on Sunday!Bascom and I are becoming good friends. Last night she kept an eye on me as I slept. And tonight while I played on the floor, I used her tail as a climbing rope and she didn't seem to mind one bit!Last weekend Nana and Grandpa came for a quick visit! We had a great weekend together. Gramps helped put up some beautiful blinds in my room - Mom's hoping this keeps the light out and makes me want to sleep in more often!

Let's see...what else has happened the past few weeks?!Mom got me a jump up! Now I have another toy to occupy myself while she's cooking! I'm still figuring it out but am enjoying it so far!Mom took this photo the other morning. Dad was all dressed for work, and I was just waking up - in my camo sleep sack. At the beginning of the month, Mom and I went to CF for a long weekend to relax and to go to Auntie Susan's baby shower. Here's me dining at Nana's in my new travel highchair. I'm a little small for it now, so it looks like I've just landed in a parachute!Cousin Anne invited us out for a nice lunch at her cottage that weekend. Thanks Anne! It was great to see everyone!I met my cousin Amelia. I'm about 4 months older than her and was quite concerned when she was unhappy. She sure has a pretty dress on!I took a nice nap on the blanket while everyone was eating. Ah, fresh air. Mom says next summer I'll be swimming in Lake Wissota instead of napping the afternoon away!We also visited the McTavish's while in CF. Thanks for the nice visit!
Unfortunately I didn't get in any pics with Auntie Susan at her shower, but here's me with Great Gram Elaine and Auntie Vicki. My new cousin should be making an appearance within the next couple of weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment