Sunday, July 15, 2012

Maine!

I went out to visit my friend Carrie in Maine at the end of June.  What a great time we had together!  It is so wonderful to have those friends in life to just pick up with after not seeing each other for months/years and not skip a beat.  Thank you Carrie for a great vacation!  You were an awesome tour guide and I cannot wait to bring Joe out to ME next summer to celebrate your wedding!  Congrats!!  So happy for you!

Day 1: After driving into NH and ME from Boston (talking nonstop!), we relaxed at Carrie & Chris' house and then headed to Nubble Lighthouse in York.  Very pretty!  We also looked around Ogunquit, ME that day.



All the lobster buoys on a lobster shack outside the restaurant we had lobsters on the first night!  What a beautiful night it was outside!

  
Lobstah!


Day 2: After a drive north on Day 2, we went on a few short hikes in Acadia National Park.  Here's me with Carrie's dog Baxter, our loyal hiking companion.   

Bubble rock!  

Poor Baxy - so hot out and he did what he could to cool himself off...by rolling in the few little puddles he could find on the rocks!  
  
We had the most wonderful meal of the trip at Jordan Pond House inside Acadia National Park.  I cannot wait to visit again when I'm out there with Joe next summer!  We had seafood chowder/clam chowder and 2 popovers each - and were stuffed!  If you're ever in Maine, this is a place that should not be missed!!

The beautiful view from our table at Jordan Pond House - overlooking Jordan Pond with views of Penobscot Mountain and the Bubbles.

  
We shopped a bit in Bar Harbor and visited with some of Chris' relatives before calling it a night on Day 2.


Day 3: We checked out a location that Carrie's considering for her wedding next summer, shopped around Camden, sampled some wine at a local winery, and ate way too much sushi in Portland.

The harbor in Camden...this is what you picture in your head that Maine looks like and the cute little town did not disappoint!
  



Day 4: Carrie and I took a stand up paddleboarding (SUP) lesson on Monday, the last full day I was out there, in Kennebunkport.  We didn't get any pictures of us paddleboarding, but this we went all the way through the harbor in Kennebunkport - it was so much fun!  Hopefully Carrie, Becky, Lara, and Strummy will want to try it out next summer before the wedding :)

Dinner on my last night - Carrie bought some lobsters and we went back to relax at her house and cook our own lobsters!


Baxter vs. the lobster.


Thanks Carrie and Baxter!  I had such a great time with you!  I'm so glad you were able to spend some of your summer together with me!  It was exactly the vacation I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment